Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Chemical Burn!

I have been getting a lot of messages from people saying how excited they are for this new blog of mine. I can't lie. I am pretty excited too. I know I needed a good story to start off this blog off right and I don't think that anyone but my family members have heard this story. So, I hope that this will give everyone an idea of just how much crazy and hilarious stuff I have experienced while working in a hotel. Here we go.. ( Just a reminder.... these stories are completely true.)

 While working at the hotel in Orem I can't even tell you all the maintenance issues there were. Actually.. wait I can tell you... and I will! Just keep reading my blog!

Anyway, one of the big problems the hotel experienced was with the pool. Now, even though I am sure everyone who is going to read this blog knows of which hotels I have worked at and where but just in case I start getting blog stalkers (which I hope I do!) I'm not mentioning the name of this particular hotel because I thought I'd spare their reputation. But I am sure the name will come out sooner or later. This particular hotel would like to wait until the very last minute they could to fix things. And more times then not... they would just not fix them at all. I don't know if its because the owners didn't think it was necessary to have hot water... or working ice machines or whatever it may be or if they just liked giving money back to people who knows? .. Anyways, Lots of issues. This particular problem was that the chlorine and whatever chemicals were being put in the swimming pool and hot tube were either the wrong ones or there was to much of them being put in. It got to the point where we were having to give people money for them to go buy new swim suites because our pool was bleaching theirs. I would see people going to the pool with a bright pink bathing suit on and walk out with a yellowish white color suit on. And everytime we got a call or complain about it I had to act like it was the first time hearing about it when really it was like the 147th time hearing about it. " Oh ma'am I am so sorry, Thank you for bringing this to our attention we had no idea, I will be sure to tell our maintenece engineer about this right away." Hang up.... "Uh yeah manager we got ANOTHER call". Manager: "Oh ok go write it on the log." ( That was their answer to everything broken.... they wanted us to write down every time we got a complaint about it... write it on the log. not that they ever did anything with this "log" to fix the problem they just wanted us to write it down." )

A few weeks are going by and we are still getting complaints about this chemical issue in the pool and hot tub and of course nothing is being done about it they don't even have a plan for it. Nothing. They don't care. Until one day the owners called the hotel to speak with the general manager. The owners told the general manager that the hotel was being sued. What for you ask? A guest that had stayed at the hotel with his son who both used the hot tub filed a lawsuit against the hotel because they both received very serious chemical burns on their testicles. No where else. Just their testicles. They were suing for medical expenses and pain and suffering. And even after 2 guys had their manhood burnt off .....They still didn't do anything about the problem. 
 VACANCIES!, FREE HBO, AND GENDER REASSIGNMENT PROCEDURE DONE HERE!

5 comments:

  1. Hahahah I left my balls in San Francisco
    hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's funny! I mean your balls are an awful sensitive spot, but I'm a little skeptical as to how they got burned only on their balls.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad you're making this blog. Can't wait for some more great stories. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. lol..the log was the most pointless thing at the front desk.

    ReplyDelete